Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saints Row 2

I'm finding this game more fun than Grand Thief Auto series. (The two are very similar as many reviews and previews have mentioned.) I kinda gave up on GTA after Vice City. I didn't even get GTAIV because I knew I would be awful with that game. I just don't have the patience for those story missions.

Saints Row 2 doesn't match up to a lot of games in terms of graphics. It actually looks like a PS2 game. I'm reminded of Vice City but who cares, this is more fun and less serious (less hardcore if you like). It's very arcade like and easy to just pick and play anytime, which is what I like as well.

The other thing to like is that there are lots of options for customizing your character's appearance, style and even his "crib" can be upgraded with nicer decor and furniture. Once you start making more money, you can buy better looking clothes and maybe even a nicer crib in nicer neighborhood.

2 comments:

MC said...

There is a mission in GTA: San Andreas which is simply maddening (it involves a little model plane)... even as a deep fan of the series, I can totally respect your opinion that the missions are just ack sometimes.

GatheringDust said...

I wish there are checkpoints in GTA missions. That would lower frustration levels without necessarily lowing the difficulty of the challenge if that's what the game is aiming for.

- RB